RuralAccess is part of the statewide Community Building Program which operates as a partnership between State Government and local communities.The RuralAccess position has the following objectives:
- To mobilise and support people with a disability to optimise participationin the life of their local community.
- To build and strengthen the community’s capacityto provide support to people with a disability and their families.
- To facilitate integrated local community planningand coordination which engages and involves people with a disability and their families, disability service providers and community organisations.
- To work with existing disability support providersto enhance their capacity to provide relevant and appropriate supports in the community.
- To improve access to informationabout relevant services and community activities available to people with a disability in their communities.
The City of Ballarat Council is the auspice agency for the RuralAccess program for the municipalities of Ballarat and Golden Plains Shire.
The RuralAccess worker can be contacted on Ph: (03) 5320 5769