Image Title: Croatian Shore
Artist: Elvira Juraga
Image Title: Gemstone Heroes
Artist: Sophie Keene
The IAN (Inclusive Arts Network) believes that the artistic aspirations and achievements of people with disability are an important and valued part of our community.
"Music and Arts are a very important part of my life now and are things I want to be a part of my life in the future also. The arts is something I use to process events in my life and to express my feelings that sometimes words can’t express. It’s important to me to have a creative outlet that I can put my energy into. I like to use arts as a way to educate people on the real issues".
The Purpose of this Network is to:
- Provide a listing of available ‘arts and cultural’ based programs for people with disability and their supporters. (via website)
- Enable artists to promote their work, by having a presence online that can be used to direct audience to their work and themselves, building a greater potential for connection and participation in community and employment. (via website)
- Encourage and nurture a greater communication between disability and art’s providers. Ensuring all information about arts and cultural activity in our region is available in one location. (via website)
- Provide a practical forum to raise and advance avenues for people with disability to participate fully in the broader arts and cultural sector. (via website and network meetings)
- Identify and develop strategies that address barriers to participation in the arts. (via network meetings)
- Foster an integrated and collaborative approach to the implementation of a range of initiatives in response to issues identified by the group. (via network meetings)
- Promote an inclusive arts culture. Create and identify opportunities within the network to demonstrate leadership for change in social attitudes towards people with disability and their participation in the arts. To advocate with and on behalf of the cultural needs of the community.
Image Title: Giraffe
Artist: Michelle Loschiavo